- Why are you doing #LoveMe?
- A photo of you
- A word that describes you
- A person who loves you
- A note to the past you
- A note to the future you
- One thing that’s just for you
- Share a scar
- Share something beautiful
- Share a secret
- Share a smile
- Share a flaw
- Share a quote
- Share a fear you overcame
- Something you have done right
- Something you like about yourself
- Something that feeds your soul
- Something that feeds your brain
- Something you feel strongly about
- Something you love to wear
- Something you are proud of
- What makes you unique?
- What is your best feature?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you laugh?
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- What have you accepted about yourself?
- What have you learned from doing #LoveMe these past twenty-eight days?
DISCLAIMER: THIS GETS A LITTLE POLITICAL. I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO HAVE RESPECTFUL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THINGS, BUT ABSOLUTELY NO HATE. PLEASE.
Something I feel strongly about. Something I feel strongly about…
How much time have you got?
There are so many things about which I feel strongly. Each with differing levels of importance in the world around me. How do I choose just one?
I think most everything that I feel strongly about comes from one of my most fundamental beliefs:
Our world has always been unfriendly, but it has become toxic. One of the bigger super powers in our world has elected a misogynistic bigot to power who is making it hard for people who aren’t white, straight, cis, or male to get anywhere. A man who has boasted about keeping out Mexicans and about grabbing women by their pussies is now in control of a country that influences so much of our popular culture. This is terrifying. It has become indirectly mainstream, because of this man, to be intolerant. His ridiculous statements have become commonplace and it is imperative now, more than ever, to remember that we are all the same. Race, gender, sexuality, religion do not matter unless they inflict pain on other people. And with so many politicians making policies that degrade people who are in any way different to the norm (also, who dictates this “norm” anyways?), it is now that we need to be as open-minded as we can be. As compassionate and warm as we have ever been.
There is an inordinate amount of truth in the statement Love Trumps Hate. We can absolutely trump the hate-and-fearmongering happening in our world at the moment. All we need to do is be kind.