- Why are you doing #LoveMe?
- A photo of you
- A word that describes you
- A person who loves you
- A note to the past you
- A note to the future you
- One thing that’s just for you
- Share a scar
- Share something beautiful
- Share a secret
- Share a smile
- Share a flaw
- Share a quote
- Share a fear you overcame
- Something you have done right
- Something you like about yourself
- Something that feeds your soul
- Something that feeds your brain
- Something you feel strongly about
- Something you love to wear
- Something you are proud of
- What makes you unique?
- What is your best feature?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you laugh?
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- What have you accepted about yourself?
- What have you learned from doing #LoveMe these past twenty-eight days?
There are so many ways I could talk about beauty in this particular post. Music, people, actions, words, paintings, films. How do I choose just one?
I think I’ll cheat. I think I’m going to choose a music video by one of my favourite artists. Ed Sheeran. I love him. I think his music is heart-warming, or heart-wrenching depending on your mood. I think his lyrics are impeccable. And I think his music videos are some of the very few in mainstream media that tell stories.
“Thinking Out Loud” is one of my favourite songs. It is a love song about the longevity of love, not just that intense first rush. It’s about wanting to spend your life with someone for the little things, not just because you’re caught up in the vividness of youth (I say as a twenty-five year old haha).
I implore you to watch this video. Sheeran has a thing for the show Strictly Ballroom and so guess what he got to do in this clip? He got to dance. The dancing plus the story of the lyrics and the curlicues of the melody makes this music video, in my eyes, exquisite.