- Why are you doing #LoveMe?
- A photo of you
- A word that describes you
- A person who loves you
- A note to the past you
- A note to the future you
- One thing that’s just for you
- Share a scar
- Share something beautiful
- Share a secret
- Share a smile
- Share a flaw
- Share a quote
- Share a fear you overcame
- Something you have done right
- Something you like about yourself
- Something that feeds your soul
- Something that feeds your brain
- Something you feel strongly about
- Something you love to wear
- Something you are proud of
- What makes you unique?
- What is your best feature?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you laugh?
- What makes you feel beautiful?
- What have you accepted about yourself?
- What have you learned from doing #LoveMe these past twenty-eight days?
There are a few people I could choose to write this post about, but I decided to write about my sister. My sister is a beautiful person who has an inner strength that I adore. She has made it through some rough times and come out swinging. She is, without a doubt, one of the strongest people I know.
The reason I choose to write about her, rather than anyone else, is because my sister and I disagree on some pretty heavy topics. We’ve gotten into serious arguments about our differing political opinions so often that we have had to invoke a ban on talking politics when I visit. However, I want to explain how we used to resolve these arguments. We would get ourselves into such states that we would see red, but before we said something we’d regret, we’d take a deep breath, say “I love you”, and then change the subject.
Despite our very different views of the world, my sister has never been anything less than supportive of me. In fact, she is one of my biggest cheerleaders. I love her for that.
I don’t know if she’ll ever read this, but I want her to know how grateful I am for her continued support. And how lucky I am that she is my sister.