Here’s something that hasn’t happened in a while! I got nominated for a blogging award! The lovely Holly over at Nut Free Nerd nominated me, and I couldn’t be more grateful. This actually comes at an interesting time for me. I’m going on a blogging hiatus for a while. Well, from book reviewing. I may still post rants from time to time. This is because I’m rereading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Currently, there are eight novels in this series, with a ninth on the way, and each of them run at over 700 pages. and one of them is over 1000! So, I won’t be reading anything new for a while. I hope you guys don’t miss me too much (I’m so modest, aren’t I? :-P)
Anyways, enough about my reading life, on with the award!
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person that has nominated you.
- Share 7 different facts about yourself.
- Nominate a number of blogs of your choice.
- Link your nominees and let them know they are nominated.
So, without further ado, here are those seven facts about me, myself, and I:
1. I have moved three times in the past 12 months. But only to two different places.
2. I’ve just started a second Bachelor’s Degree. I just have a bit of paperwork to fill out, because I actually did at least a year’s worth of this degree in 2014.
3. I’m addicted to caffeine. To the point where, if I don’t have caffeine first thing in the morning, I get a wicked headache that can set off my sinuses. Nurofen does NOT help.
4. This week is my birthday week! I have birthday celebrations with my family tomorrow, my actual birthday on Wednesday, and my birthday party (my first one in eight years) on Saturday night! I haven’t been this excited for my birthday in a while.
5. Unlike some of my other readerly friends, I can only read one book at a time. I get the story lines crossed if I read more than one book. Which makes for really awkward book discussions.
6. I have an Avengers sunshield for my car. It goes really well with the Baymax sticker on my driver’s side door.
7. I currently have a trucker’s tan. Because my car’s air-conditioning doesn’t work, I have to drive with my windows down. And it’s currently summer here in Australia. So, lo and behold, truckers’ tan!
So that’s me! And now, for my turn to make some nominations for this award:
Well, guys, I will see you again in a few months! Take care of yourselves.
N.B. I am in no way creative enough to make these section headings. I’ve borrowed them from the talented Holly at Nut Free Nerd. If you click on any of those gorgeous headers, you’ll be taken to her blog. And you should definitely do that, because Holly’s blog is amazing!