I feel really guilty about how long it’s taken me to display this award. I was nominated by the lovely (see what I did there?) Amy over at It’s Only Three. I insist that you click that link and check out her blog. Done it? Yeah? OK, we can move on now.
This is my second blog nomination this week and I’m feeling pretty validated. I started this blog just for me, so that I could have somewhere to write and have a way to justify the insane amount of books I buy per year. And to know that people not only read my blog, but think it worthy for not just one but two blogging awards, is just beautiful. Lovely, even. In order to accept this award, I have to follow The Rules. And they are:
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 5-15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
I don’t know why all of these blogging awards insist on me telling you guys weird facts about myself but I guess it’s one of those “get-to-know-your-blogger” deals. So, here goes:
- The last time I woke up feeling healthy was about a month ago. And to answer the question you all must be thinking: no, I most definitely am not pregnant.
- I legitimately take a book with me everywhere and because of that I base all of my handbag purchases on whether they would fit the Outlander or Ken Follet books in them (they’re the biggest books I’ve read and if my purse can’t fit them, then what’s the point?)
- If I go to bed before 10pm, I wake up at least 3 or 4 times during the night. In order to sleep through the night, no matter how tired I am, I have to wait until after 10.
- My dressing gown is ten years old. Mum bought it for me from Best and Less and it still keeps me just as warm now as it did when I was twelve
- I’m one of those people who will yell at my TV screen when characters do something stupid.
“Why would you do that?”
“How could you do that to her?”
“Seriously? It’s obviously the other way!”
- I actually can’t wear contacts. The part of my eye that the contact would go over is the wrong shape and so I’d have to pay through the nose for them. Stuck with spectacles for life!
- I don’t like Tumblr.
Alrighty, and now for my nominations:
- C.J. at thebookboozer
- Becky at Blogs-of-a-Bookaholic
- The Collective
- Jennie at Scarletscorchdroppers
- Luke at I Am Not The Batman
I decided to limit myself to five blogs. If I tried to do all fifteen, then I’d want to do all of the blogs on my Reader and I could quite possibly end up tearing my hair out over how unfair it is that I have to choose at all. These five are the five blogs that I’ve followed for the longest amount of time and they never fail to disappoint. I implore you all to check them out!
I’m hoping to blog a little more regularly from now on, but I have mid-semester exams coming up, so I’m not quite sure how well that will actually pan out. I have my fingers crossed though!