I apologise to anyone who has been getting their FOB fix from me over the past week or so. I have had the most ridiculous rollercoaster of occurrences over the past few days:
- I got 38% on an assignment I thought I’d failed. Yay!
- I worked over 35 hours this week, not including uni. Boo!
- All this work meant an awesome pay yesterday. Yay!
- But all that is gone because of a miscommunication at my PT office. Double Boo!
(I mean seriously? I worked so hard this week and because no one can get their shit together I have to wait around for a phone call so that I can explain why I need that money back and how I actually tried to explain TO my PT office that I couldn’t AFFORD this $200+ to come out of my account. I don’t know about you, but to me $200 is a LOT of money. That could have kept me in decent food AND let me actually go out and do things this week.)
- Before this infuriating oversight, I managed to put half of what I’ll need for the TWO bills (phone and electric) that happen next week. Yay!
- But I will now need to use this money to eat this week and so have to pay double next week. Which means no money again. Boo!
- Because of ANOTHER screw-up, this one at Centrelink, I owe the government $400+ by the 11th November. Boo!
- I found out yesterday that I can pay this off in instalments for as long as I need to. Yay!
- I got no sleep last night because my roommate’s friends were drunkenly stumbling around and I couldn’t properly get to sleep until about 5 o’clock this morning. I woke up at 8AM. Boo!
- I found out that it will only cost $131 to fix the fan belt, and therefore the ungodly screaming, in my car. Yay!
- I have to wait another three weeks to be able to afford the damn service. Boo!
- Fall Out Boy tomorrow. Triple Yay!
All I want to do is curl up sleep for a few days. Because right now I can feel the target painted on my back.
[ANGSTY RANT] Everything that has happened over the past few months has basically meant that everything I do is for other people. Or for things that are not fun. I work myself comatose just so that I can afford to pay rent, feed two people, pay bills for two people, and occasionally pay for fun things like cups of coffee and $6 movie tickets. And now, after having to put in a couple of almost-ten-hour shifts at the office *coughSubwaycough*, the money that I earned from days where I could barely shuffle home in my too-expensive-to-throw-away shoes has disappeared. When I tried to make sure that that didn’t happen. It is NO JOKE trying to provide for two people, on a Subway/student wage.
But the universe just keeps throwing up the body shots. And I am tired of it. I was so excited to be able to set aside half of my bill money this week and still be able to do things. I was going to go see Gravity tonight with a friend and maybe go to dinner afterwards. Thank God I checked my bank account before I organised that. But, because the universe thinks I don’t work hard enough, it took that away. Thanks so much. And yes, I am aware that people have a harder time of it than me, but it’s like Polly Harper in Orange is the New Black says, and I’m paraphrasing, that everyone has their own shit to deal with and it’s equally as hard for everyone. So yes, other people may have it worse than me, but I feel like I’m drowning right now and that’s my personal emotional state-of-mind at the moment. [ANGSTY RANT OVER]
So, because of all this, plus spending all of Thursday chipping away at a script that was a few lines over the maximum length, and all of yesterday navigating the hostile waters of my home life, I couldn’t bring myself to tap away at a keyboard anymore. As much as I love blogging. So, to make up for it, here are the three FOB songs I owe you. All of them are songs that make me happy when I hear them. That is the theme here: the healing power of music.
#1 I Don’t Care
From the album Folie à Deux, “I Don’t Care” was the first single. I found it online late one night, around the time the single was first released. I listened to it on repeat for about an hour and a half. And then the video came out and it was so freakin’ funny. I love it.
Say my name and his in the same breath
I DARE you to say they taste they same.
I don’t care just what you think
as long as it’s about me.The best of us can find happiness in the misery.
#2 A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me’
It isn’t so much the song that makes me happy, so much as the music video. Have you seen it? Well, hopefully you watched the link before reading on. It is brilliant. I love the collaboration of all the Decaydance guys. You’ve got the dandy vampires that included Brendon Urie and Mike Carden, with their leader William Beckett. Then there’s Travis McCoy and his guys as the “street gang” vampires. and then there’s FOB as the vampire hunters, of course, and Pete as the vampire-hunter-turned-vampire. I discovered the video at the height of my William Beckett obsession and when girls all over first world countries found vampires sexy. There is nothing of this video that I don’t like. It tells a story, as all of FOB’s do, but this one was just goes that little bit further.
#3 Young Volcanoes
You may have noticed that I haven’t really talked about the new album too much. That is because Save Rock and Roll is current. FOB fans are all over this album and, for anyone whose NOT an FOB fan, the tracks are currently being played on radio. I more wanted to show new FOB fans how much history there is to the band, and how many good tracks there are. As well as showing off my knowledge, just a little. But this song definitely falls under the category of music as therapy. I get a smile on my face every time I hear this song. Just the beginning vocals and the snapping of the fingers sounds jolly. Yes, jolly. Then Patrick’s voice comes in and it’s just eartastic for the next three minutes.
And the video? I love the concept behind the videos for Save Rock and Roll. It’s like a rock opera – sorry pop punk opera – or something. I haven’t seen album storytelling like this since My Chemical Romance’s last album Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. All those videos were connected as well, only they only made videos for the singles. FOB are making videos for ALL of the songs. I wonder how Elton John will fit into the storyline…can’t wait to find out!
Before it has begun
We’ve already won.
We are wild
We are like young volcanoes
Do you want to feel a little beautiful, baby?
We will teach you how to make boys next door out of assholes.
- Countdown to my date with Fall Out Boy – 8 days to go (infernalimagination.wordpress.com)
- Countdown to my date with Fall Out Boy – 7 days to go (infernalimagination.wordpress.com)
- Countdown to my date with Fall Out Boy – 6 days to go (infernalimagination.wordpress.com)
- Countdown to my date with Fall Out Boy – 5 days to go (infernalimagination.wordpress.com)
- Countdown to my date with Fall Out Boy – 4 days to go (infernalimagination.wordpress.com)